Before You Go
Zipit Forest Adventures is perfectly suited for youth groups, foroige groups, summer camps, scouts and guides. We have many returning groups year on year and the older they get, the higher they climb! It’s a great bonding activity – enjoy the buzz of conquering the challenges, supporting and encouraging each other as you swing through the trees using ziplines, tunnels, bridges…even surfboards and bikes!
With our trained Instructors, we will provide help and encouragement all the way – everyone works to their own capabilities with no pressure to push on further than you are comfortable with – although we are sure you will surprise yourself! And for those who want the ultimate challenge, there is the base jump – take a step off the platform and drop. Feel the fear and do it anyway….
With activities lasting 3 hours, there are circuits to suit all ages and levels of fitness. Safety is always paramount.
And the good news for the supervisors is one for every ten children gets to go free. We do ask that at least one supervisor stays on the ground though.
We can take 150+ children in any one day, by staggering start times. We have parallel Safety Briefing circuits to ensure a streamlined throughput so you can focus on enjoying your day out.
For further information and booking call us on+353 (0)51 858008 or complete the form below.
Know Before You Go
Before your arrival, you need to make your booking online to reserve your harness (in peak season, we book out in advance, so pre-booking saves disappointment on the day, and it’s cheaper!).
- If you are booking for children, age is the criteria for booking. You cannot book your child into an older age group if your child is not in that age category and you are required to sign a waiver stating the age of the child.
- We advise booking for your maximum number to ensure that the harnesses are reserved.
- You can cancel or drop numbers up to 48 hours before your booked time, but after this time there is no refund or reschedule.
- If you have a no show on the day, you can substitute a child for an adult or vice versa.
- Zipit activity time is 3 hours, so if you can only spare 2 hours, we recommend waiting until you have more time, to have the best Zipit experience – we want everyone to go away happy!
If your child is 7-8 however, 2 hours may be long enough for them.
How Your Time Works
Before you arrive, ensure you have completed your online waiver which is emailed to you at time of booking. It’s worth a read of the FAQ’s to ensure that you have booked for the correct age and that you understand how things work.
On arrival at your booked time, check in at the cabin with our reception team and complete the paperwork. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed admission, especially in peak season.
If you know a member of your group is going to arrive late, due to a previous commitment, we would not advise booking them into a later timeslot, as they will be separated from the rest of the group – not much fun! It is not possible to ‘catch up’ with the rest of the group, if they miss the safety briefing.
There are no refunds for no-shows on the day, so please confirm your numbers 48 hours before your booked time to ensure you get your refund if numbers drop. If a child does not turn up on the day, you do have the option of substituting another child or even an adult but you will not be refunded.
You will be harnessed by one of our qualified staff and everyone that is booked in for the allotted time is introduced to their Training Instructor, who will walk you to the Safety Briefing circuit.
You have 3 hours at Zipit and should allow up to 45 mins for the safety briefing, which starts at your booked time, explaining the features of the course and safety equipment and giving you time to complete the practice circuit under the supervision of the Instructor. This allows you to gain your confidence and ensures that you are familiar with the safety system.
Once you have completed the Safety Briefing successfully, it’s time to move on at your own pace. So take the advice of your instructor and start at a circuit level suitable to age and ability.
- Expect to complete up to 3 circuits within this time, if you don’t take a break.
- Age 7-8 can repeat the Green circuit as many times as they choose.
- Adults can complete any of the lower circuits with their younger family
Let the fun begin……
Oh, and don’t forget to sanitise before you start!
All children under 18 must be supervised by an adult, either participating or on the ground. We do ask that all supervisors attend and listen to the Safety Briefing. Adults supervising more than one child must keep all children within their view, and on the same circuit. Unsupervised children will be taken down from the circuit, without refund.
- No harness = no charge. There is no fee for supervisors who remain on the ground.
- Children are limited by their age – please refer to the pricing page to check what circuits everyone can do.
- Age is the deciding factor with no exception made for ability.
Adults can do the lower circuits with their children, but children cannot participate on the higher circuits if they are under the age stated on the circuit. We do have a strict policy on this, so please don’t ask us to make an exception.
Bear in mind that if you have children on different circuits, and only one parent/guardian supervising, you will need to take down one of the children whilst an older child continues on, or maybe ask a grandparent or friend to supervise the little one.
Just to let you know that if you are a parent visiting with a 7-8 year old, you are able to walk around on the ground and reach the child for re-assurance, so it isn’t always necessary to participate.
What To Bring
- We recommend that you wear something comfortable that you don’t mind getting a bit dirty.
- You can bring your own gloves or you have the option to purchase a pair for €2 on arrival with contactless payment , no latex, fingerless or padded gloves.
- Small sanitiser to fit in a secure pocket.
- You should wear comfortable shoes with good grips, no flip-flops or open-toed shoes or sandals.
- Long hair must be tied into a bun.
- Recommended that body piercings be covered.
- Midriffs should not be bare as the harness may chafe.
- We do not have changing room facilities.
- You may need to bring insect repellent and sun cream during certain months.
Minimum age is 7 years.
Minimum Height is 1m.
Maximum Weight is 120kg (leg strap dimensions can also limit fitting of harness).
The maximum waist measurement of the harness is 110cm (43 inches).
The maximum expansion of the leg loops, which you step into and tighten around the top of the thigh, measure 70 cm (27 inches).
Our parks use a safety system which involves the use of magnets. Magnets may interfere with the operation of pacemakers and ICD’s. We recommend that you check with your doctor, before making a booking.
Unfortunately, due to safety risks anyone who is pregnant is unable to participate.
Fantastic, incredible staff, fantastic induction, super value for 3 hours of fun.- My grandson is still talking about it and we will definitely return.
– SARAH FROM IRELAND | 20 OCT 2020
Brilliant activity. From start to finish we had a great time at zipit. With children ranging from 6 to 16 there was more than enough for everyone. The staff were fantastic and got us up and running in no time. If you felt like you couldn’t do one of the activities, they reassured you to keep going and made you feel safe. We will definitely be going back and encourage anyone to give it a go if you’re near lough key.
– JOHN FROM IRELAND | 01 AUG 2020
It was an amazing experience where the kids develop their confidence in a challenging but safe environment, I can’t recommend this highly enough. The staff were so helpful and professional we will be back.
– JASON FROM IRELAND | 29 SEP 2020
Brilliant experience! We had loads of fun, we will definitely visit again. Staff were highly professional. The place itself is naturally beautiful.
– NYASHA FROM IRELAND | 01 AUG 2020